Information concerning the raids conducted in the week of November 3, 2020, against persons suspected of propagating online hate speech.
- Anfrage an:
- Verwendete Gesetze:
- Status dieser Anfrage:
- Warte auf Antwort
- 15. Dezember 2020 - in 1 Woche, 3 Tage Wie wird das berechnet?
- Zusammenfassung der Anfrage
I am writing on behalf of the Future of Free Speech Project (under the aegis of legal think-tank << Adresse entfernt >>, Columbia University and Aarhus University).
This request is regarding the raids conducted by the Federal Criminal Police Office (Bundeskriminalamt) in association with Europol targeted at persons suspected of propagating hate speech and extremism online, as reported in a Europol News Article posted on November 5, 2020, titled ‘Stopping Hate Speech Online: Europol coordinates first Europe-wide action day’ (accessible here: europol.europa.eu/newsroom/news/stopping-hate-speech-online-europol-coordinates-first-europe-wide-action-day).
We request the disclosure of the following details in connection with the above-mentioned raids conducted on and around November 3, 2020:
1. Number of suspects targeted
2. All known social media handle(s) of suspects through which the alleged offences were committed
3. The relevant social media post(s) that allegedly violated the law
4. Accusations against each suspect
5. Criminal provisions allegedly violated by the suspects
6. Number of locations raided
7. Details of recoveries and evidence gathered from the raids
8. Details of investigations launched against the suspects before the raids
9. Details of investigations launched against the suspects after the raids
Should you require further information in this context, we would ask you to let us know at your earliest convenience.
Thank you very much for promptly processing this request.